• 4 large cucumbers
• 1 medium sweet onion
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• salt and pepper to taste
• wash, peel and thinly slice 4 large cucumbers. Use a mandoline for uniformity.
• thinly slice 1 medium sweet onion.
• place the sliced cucumbers and onions in a ceramic, glass or plastic bowl that has a lid.
• in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Mix until smooth.
• turn the mayonnaise mixture into the cucumber and onion mixture, combine well.
• salt and pepper to taste.
• cover with a lid, shake lightly.
• allow to marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours (overnight works well).
• refrigerate leftovers.
makes 6 servings of creamy cucumber salad