This easy corn casserole recipe from Paula Deen requires a box of Jiffy mix and 5 other simple ingredients! Make it up to two days ahead of time before baking in the oven!
- 14.75 oz. creamed corn
- 15.25 oz. whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 8 oz. Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Be sure to drain the whole kernel corn.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish or 10-inch cast iron skillet.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
Top with shredded cheddar. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the top begins to brown.
Let stand for 5 minutes prior to serving.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cheddar cheese. Be sure to drain the whole kernel corn first. Add it to a lightly greased Crock Pot.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4.
Add the shredded cheddar during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Ensure the center is firm and set prior to serving.
- Combine all ingredients except for the cheese and place in casserole dish.
- Bake covered at 350° for 50 minutes, let it cool, and refrigerate.
When ready to serve:
- Add the shredded cheese, cover it, and bake it at 300° for 10 minutes to warm it up.
Bake again, uncovered at 350° for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve.
Recipe adapted from : thecozycook