- 1 package oreos (14.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 container cool whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Reese’s peanut butter cups, some cut in half, others chopped
- Process the oreos in a food processor or blender until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust down. Place the crust in the fridge to chill until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the cool whip and blend on low until combined. Spread this mixture over the crust. Return pie to the fridge while making the ganache.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just before boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie. Pour the ganache on top of the pie, using a spatula to evenly spread it.
- Before the chocolate hardens, add the peanut butter cups. Start by adding the halved peanut butter cups around the edges, placing them as close or as far apart as you want. Then add chopped peanut butter cups to the center of the pie.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the fridge or freezer for 1-2 hours. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a 15 minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.