This easy peach cobbler recipe with canned peaches has that wonderful old fashioned flavor. Serve it plain, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for a delicious dessert.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups sliced peaches (1 – 16 ounce can or a quart of home canned peaches)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter (1/4 pound)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Drain peaches and mix with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place butter in the bottom of a 8×8 inch glass baking dish or 2 quart casserole dish. Set baking dish with butter in oven to melt. Remove from oven once melted.
- In a medium bowl, mix together one cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla to form a batter.
- Pour batter over the top of the butter. Do not stir. Place peaches on top of the batter.
- Bake your peach cobbler for one hour, or until crust is golden brown. The batter will rise to the top during baking.
You may reduce the amount of sugar on the peaches to 1/4 cup.
If using frozen peaches, bring to room temperature before adding to the cobbler, or you’ll need to add extra baking time.
If substituting fresh peaches, peel and slice before use, or skip peeling if you are tight on time.
Recipe adapted from; commonsensehome